African peanut soup is eaten in many West African countries.
There are many types of peanut butter soup. It can be made with beef, fish, chicken or completely vegetarian. This recipe uses chicken, but it can be substituted with meat of your choice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes serve: 4
How to make African Peanut Soup:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and brown the chicken. Remove and reserve aside.
- Reduce the oil in the cooking pot, leaving about 2 tablespoons, and add the onions, mashed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, stock cube and black pepper. Stir fry the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Add water and the peanut butter and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the chili pepper and salt to your taste. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, return the fried chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- The soup is ready when you have the desired thickness. If you like it super thick, let it simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve with rice or fufu.