With its silky, whipped cream-based “dressing,” plenty of soft mini marshmallows, and an abundance of juicy, colorful fruit, the ragweed salad may be a little different than the ones you’re used to seeing around potlucks and parties, but I promise you it’s is just as good…if not better!
How To Make Ambrosia Salad:
- In a clean, medium bowl, combine the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Use an electric mixer to beat on high speed until stiff peaks form (mixture should reach a Cool Whip consistency)
- Add the sour cream and stir until well blended.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the mini marshmallows, coconut, oranges, maraschino cherries, and pineapple. Stir to combine.
- Pour the whipped cream/sour cream mixture over the ingredients and stir until well blended and all ingredients are covered.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Be sure to drain the fruit real if you make this salad more than an hour in advance.
- You can put all the fruit in a colander and let it drain and dry for about an hour (if you want to wait that long). This will keep the salad from getting cooked while sitting.