This black garlic chicken stock is pressure cooked to maximize the flavors in a short amount of time. I love the taste of black garlic with roasted chicken and because this recipe is quite simple, these two ingredients really shine.
With a pressure cooker you can save a whole day of cooking compared to the normal cooking method. And to be completely honest, this chicken broth is better than any broth I’ve ever had.
How To Make Black Garlic Chicken Broth:
- Roast the chicken legs, green onions, carrots and onions in a tray at 425℉/220℃ for 40-60 minutes or until deep dark brown but not burnt.
- Add the roast chicken, vegetables and the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot (except the lime and xanthan gum).
- Fill to the max line with cold water and turn on the sauté function for 25 minutes. Let it come to a boil.
- Skim the broth from impurities or foam as it boils.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat. Double check that the water has not filled past the max line. Close the lid and put on high pressure for 2 hours.
- Naturally, release the pressure for 10 minutes. Release the rest manually.
- Open the lid and skim off the fat from the top. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Pass the black garlic through a tamis or sieve to remove the skin. Add this, the xanthan gum and fresh lime juice to the strained stock. Mix with a stick blender. Check the seasoning and serve with freshly sliced green onions and some of the cooked chicken meat if desired.