A good gravy, made with the giblets, meat juices, a little wine and, please!, very little flour – if there is any, the delicious plate brings together and unites meat and vegetables.
How to make chicken gravy:
- Scrape the bottom of the roasting pan to release all the caramelized bits, which is where the flavor is, and strain the juices into a measuring cup.
- Pour the juices into a measuring cup and make up to 500 ml with boiling water.
- Add the stock cube and stir to dissolve.
- Mix the cornstarch with 3 tbsp water.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling stock, stirring well with a whisk.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes and serve.
- This chicken gravy recipe makes enough for 6-8 people and is best when whipped a few minutes before serving.