The last part of the holy Belgian triple menu: first shrimp cocktail, then stew and finally a delicious chocolate mousse; Naturally made from real chocolate. It is very light and fluffy and often comes in a variety of flavors. It is not uncommon to find dark chocolate mousse, but you can also get white chocolate based mousse. It just melts in your mouth no matter what color you go for.
- Place the whipped cream and chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over a medium heat over a pan of boiling water (bain-marie). Beat until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from a bain-marie and stir in the egg yolks.
- Add a pinch of tartar to the egg whites and beat until fairly firm. Add the sugar and continue beating the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Carefully stir a quarter of the whipped egg white into the chocolate preparation with a whisk and then carefully fold in the rest of the egg white.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe it into six glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half a day to set.
- Before serving, pipe a little whipped cream on each mousse and garnish with some raspberries.