Many people in Finland make date cakes during Christmas and there are as many recipes as there are bakers.
This is how you cook Sissi’s date pie:
- Place the dates, water, sugar and butter in a saucepan. Boil them as long as it takes the dates to break.
- Let the mix cool and prepare the bundt cake tin.
- Butter the pan well and dust with dark cocoa powder or a mix of all-purpose four and cocoa powder.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and then add them to the batter.
- Mix as little as possible.
- Bake in the center of the oven at 175°C (350°F) for about 55-60 minutes.