Chef Rui Mota created an edible garden pot! Layering the fried panko and gribiche foam (the soil) and garnishing with dried olives and vegetables to resemble flowers makes this dish look like you’re digging in your garden for herbs or vegetables. The Gribiche foam combines the richness of foamed eggs with the acidity and spiciness of gribiche, while the fried panko adds some crunch to the dish.
Ingredients to make this dish:
- Smartwhip Cream Charger
- Cutting board
- Small saucepan
- Paper towel
- fine sieve
- Plating Tongs
How To Make Dehydrated Olives:
- Roughly chop the olives and let them dry for 12 hours at 55°C.
- Put them in one fell swoop and crush them until crumbly. Add the maltodextrin and salt.
- Stir and store in a dry place.
How to make fried panko:
- Combine both ingredients and fry for 3 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove the excess oil with a paper towel.
How to make the Gribiche foam:
Please read Smartwhip’s maintenance and safety guidelines before use to ensure a smooth cooking experience.
- Boil the egg in a small pan for 1 minute.
- Drain the cooking water and let the egg cool under cold running water.
- Remove the eggshell and place all remaining gribiche foam ingredients in a blender and blend until combined.
- Pass through a fine sieve and put into the siphon.
- Connect your Smartwhip and charge it up to 10 bar.
- Unplug your siphon and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
How to prepare the vegetables:
- Blanch the vegetables in boiling water for a few seconds.
- Then dip the vegetables in an ice bath before braising them in a hot pan before serving.
For this recipe, Chef Rui Mota uses a vase-like plate to layer the fried panko before releasing the gribiche foam. Finally, garnish with dried olives and add the vegetables using the plating tongs.