Jansson’s Temptation is a traditional Swedish casserole made with potatoes, onions, pickled sprats, breadcrumbs, and cream.
How to make Jansson’s seduction:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into strips.
- Cut the onions into thin strips.
- Divide the butter over an oven dish.
- Layer the potatoes, onions, and anchovies, then potatoes, and so on.
- Finish with a layer of potatoes.
- Press the top layer flat.
- Pour the cream over it.
- Pour over some of the anchovy marinade from the tin, if desired.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over it.
- Season with alt and pepper.
- Spread some butter over it.
- Then in the oven for an hour at 230°C.