A party isn’t a party without a plate of menudo. Made with a dried red chili base in northern Mexico or in a light broth known as “what a white” in the states of Sonora and Sinaloa, it’s a dish that unites families. This cozy delight is traditionally served at almost all Mexican celebrations, including weddings, quinceañeras, christenings, and even New Year’s Eve.
How do you make spicy beef and corn belly soup?
- Heat the water in a large saucepan (2 gallons) over medium heat.
- Add the belly, onion, 4 cloves, garlic and bay leaf and let them cook for 2 hours. Check that the belly is soft and not annealed.
Preparation of the sauce:
- Clean the peppers by removing the stems and soak them in hot water for 12 to 24 hours until they soften.
- Blend the peppers in a blender with a cup of the liquid they were soaked in, 6 cloves of garlic, cumin and oregano. deformation. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the corn and chili sauce and cook for 10 minutes so that the chili sauce is integrated with the other ingredients.
- Serve with chopped onion, oregano and green lemon
Tip: To speed up the process, boil the peppers for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and let them rest, covered, for an hour or until cool.