Cutlets have a hint of childhood nostalgia, which is why they are a favorite of almost every Russian. One could argue that Pozharsky cutlet is the most popular Russian dish. It combines tender and juicy minced meat with crunchy breadcrumbs and goes well with any sauce.
The secret to making this cutlet extra flavorful is to soak some white bread in milk or whipped cream and then add it to the meat along with a bit of butter. This will make your schnitzels extremely juicy!
- Grind the white meat in a meat grinder.
- Soak the bread in milk, press slightly to drain and combine with 50g butter, 2 eggs, salt and pepper. Grind in the meat grinder and mix well with the minced meat.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix well until smooth.
- Shape oval cutlets. Dip each cutlet in a beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Fry in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown.
- Then place the schnitzels on a baking tray and put them in the oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish.