Fruit soup is a must-have dessert for Christmas in Finland. The Finnish way is to serve this fruit soup over milk porridge.
How to make fruit soup:
- Cut the dried fruit into bite-sized pieces. Remark: The most common dried fruit is a mixture of plums, apricots, apples and pears. In Finland they are sold premixed. Fig is nice too.
- Place the water and dried fruit in a pressure cooker and heat over medium heat.
- Boil 5 minutes after the steam has been released.
- You can also put the water and dried fruit in a regular saucepan, cover with a lid and place over medium heat.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Uncover and add the sugar.
- In another container, mix cold water and potato starch to make potato starch water.
- Pour the potato starch water into the soup and mix well.
- Heat the soup briefly to thicken it.
- Serve with milk porridge.
- Can be served hot or cold.