I love to discover in the kitchen those dishes that are transformed into authentic culinary delights with four things. This is the case with today’s meat recipe, roast pork, roast pork (Lechon Asado). Roasted pig is a typical Cuban dish, which although it takes a lot of time, I assure you it is worth it, the result is an exquisite pork that your family and friends will taste.
In the purest style of the classic roast beef, we prepare a pork roast with loin that is perfect to take both hot and cold. The meat is juicy and full of flavor thanks to the sauce in which we cook and marinate it. Part of the secret to the success of this dish is exactly marinating the meat that we leave overnight until it is impregnated with flavor. I must not forget to mention that the better the meat, the better the result. If we get a high quality pork tenderloin, we have a show roast pork.
One of the ways I like this meat best is in sandwiches. I assure you that a good meat sandwich, a Cuban prepared at home with this roast meat, will be a real miracle.
How To Prepare Roasted Cedar:
- In a bowl we prepare the marinade. We include orange and lemon juice, olive oil, salt and ground black pepper, marjoram, tarragon, parsley and oregano. We mix well and reserve.
- We place the tenderloin in a container and cover it with the liquid. We will give it some cross sections and let it macerate for 12 hours. We can do this preparation overnight to have it ready the next day.
- Place the pork loin, thick side up, in a suitable heatproof dish and cover with half of the mojo marinade, reserving the rest. We place the whole garlic in the well and, with the oven rather hot to 220º C, bake for 30 minutes with heat from above and below, without a fan.
- After this time, we cover the meat with the rest of the mojo marinade we reserved and put it back in the oven. We lower the temperature to 190º C and let it boil for another 30-35 minutes.
- The piece we baked is one and a half pounds, which would be a total of 60 minutes of baking. If the piece is larger, estimate 35-40 minutes per pound. Be careful as every oven is different and yours may need to vary the temperature.
- Once we have the meat ready, we remove it from the container and cover it with aluminum foil for about 30 minutes to settle and redistribute the juices.
- We strain the sauce resulting from the roast and put it in a container to serve as an accompaniment.
- We can enjoy this hot roast pork, accompanied by some potatoes and some of the baking sauce. Also save it to enjoy as a sandwich. If you’re using it for a sandwich, cut them on the thinner side. I assure you this is a tasty bite in any of these options.