This sandwich gets its name from the island where it was invented. In Cuba, it has been part of the menus of restaurants and cafes for over 200 years. But it was the Cuban community in the United States that made this sandwich popular with the world. It is one of the specialties of Miami and Tampa, Florida.
The Cuban sandwich is made with Cuban bread stuffed with roast pork, ham, pickle, cheese, and mustard.
They are all cooked on a grill or sandwich maker. The heat makes the ingredients compact and their juices mix, resulting in a crispy crust and a sandwich you won’t be able to stop eating. The original recipe uses roast pork, which involves cooking a pork loin previously marinated in a special sauce in the oven. In the blog you will find the recipe to prepare the perfect roast pork. Perfect to have as a side dish or to make a perfect Cuban sandwich. If you can’t wait to make this sandwich, you can replace the roast pork with a ham or roast ham. The result will be just as great.
How To Make Sandwich Cubano:
- In a frying pan we heat a knob of butter. When melted and hot, add the roast pork.
- We tan on both sides and reserve it. I used roast pork for this recipe, but if you don’t have homemade roast pork. We can replace it with roasted ham, which we will find on any large surface.
- Making this roast pork sandwich gives it an unbeatable point. If you don’t have it, don’t stop cooking, we’ll change it for another type of pork meat without any problem.
- We cut the bread in half and spread a generous layer of mustard on one of the parts.
- Now we start with the roasted pork slices which we brown in the pan.
- Always directly on the mustard, on top we cover it with the ham, the pickles in vinegar and the sliced Swiss cheese.
- We put the top layer of the bread and with a kitchen brush we brush it on the outside, on both sides with butter.
- We put the sandwich in a sandwich maker and toast it until golden brown.
- If you don’t have a sandwich maker, we can use a frying pan. With a slotted spoon we keep the bun pressed down at all times so that it stays flat and the cheese melts.
- This way we can enjoy a sandwich with a first and last name in a few minutes that couldn’t be better.
Perfect for taking to work or enjoying a picnic or beach snack. A simple and tasty treat.