Stuffed cheese is prepared with queso de bola (Dutch chesse), filled with ground beef and pork with almonds, raisins, sweet chili and herbs from the region. It is topped with a white sauce (known as K’ool) based on flour, butter and chicken stock and tomato sauce and topped with green olives.
How to make stuffed cheese:
- Heat the butter and fry the onion.
- Then add the garlic, sweet chili, meat and all other ingredients.
- Fill the cheese, cover with a cloth and steam it to soften the cheese.
- Make a chicken stock with stock powder, add the epazote, olives and capers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with a little water, sieve and add to the stock little by little while stirring.
- As salt and a little oil and keep on a low heat.
- Mix the tomato, a little water, the onion and chili.
- Fry this mixture and add the epazote. Season with stock and salt.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring until thickened, about 30 minutes
- Serve with the two sauces and the cheese. You can also serve everything separately, with the cheese on one side, the meat on top, and the sauces.