muscle strength is a type of meat hash, which today is mainly eaten by the older generation. It is made with meat from the head of a calf or pig, which has been cooked for hours until tender, mixed with carrots, onions and seasoned with allspice and bay leaf. muscle strength is served on the sillbord as a starter and definitely has a required taste!
How to make Sylta:
- Wash the meat. Place in a large kettle.
- Add water to cover.
- Add all ingredients and simmer until meat is tender and falling off the bone (3 hours or more).
- Let cool, remove the meat from the bones. Remove bay leaves.
- Place a white muslin cloth in a loaf pan.
- Alternate pork and veal with fairly large cuts of meat.
- Add a little salt each time and dredge a little of the strained stock over each layer,
- When the pan is full, place the cloth over the bread.
- Use another pan filled with water or a weight to press the bread down.
- Refrigerate 12 hours before slicing.
- Strain stock can be used for cooking the potato sausages and for dipping bread on Christmas Eve.